Touge Gombak – Batang Kali – Genting Sempah – Bentong and back!

Published on October 12th, 2009

It was a busy weekend for us here at TRAFFICmagonline as we had three events to cover on Saturday and on the way back from Tarmac Rally at SIC, I received an information from viable sources of a morning touge session the day after.

So when I was on my way to the Kakikereta.com Interclub TT Session, I was contemplating (besides enjoying the aircond on Syawal’s car) to join the touge session or not, since two weeks earlier, to satisfy my craving for Coffee Beans’ Ultimate Mocha, my car understeered while going uphill to Genting and ended up smooching the curb. And with my current situation, it was a painful accident and gave quite a damage to my pocket… or rather the ones that should be in the savings account instead of going down the drain… again!

Apart from that we were extremely tired with only two teams running around to cover all these events all happening in the same day.  Since the Interclub TT session organized by Kakikereta.com turned out to be massive with more than 200 rides from ten clubs and a whole lotta activities… I only managed to arrive home at 3.00 o’clock in the morning.

Thanks to my girlfriend, who wanted to see what’s touge all about, and Syawal, who has been raring to go and test his new wheels and suspension set-up, I managed to force myself out of bed and rushed to the rendezvous point. As for Am, he was the co-pilot for the Citroen ZX as his Vectra is back in the workshop due to broken valve guide.

All in all, there were about 14 cars of various makes. After a not-so-quick breakfast while waiting for some of ’em who needed the car to be clean and shiny, we made our way towards ‘Ikan Patin’ lunch in Bentong. It was my first time taking the route from Gombak – Batang Kali – Genting Sempah and the corners were exhilarating to say the least despite all the holes, rough and punishing tarmac to my 18inchers.

As these touge veterans picked up speed, the smell of fumes, burned rubbers and brake pads filled the air. Despite the narrow roads and hard corners, they were fast but not without any damage. An LE understeered and went off tarmac… twice in a row!

And while catching our breath at Genting Sempah, I realized that all the tyre-scraping fenders took its toll as my bumper went limp because of an absence of a screw. I was lucky other cars were well-equipped compared to mine and I managed to resolve the problem. Apart from that, my radiator fan went bonkers and needed to be knocked by a spanner to get it running at every stop.

Once refueled, we continued the touge session. This time we took the route that was more forgiving to my car… the bad part was it was a high speed touge session. While trying to catch up, my car acting up again and stalled suddenly. After a few kicks and not-so-extreme cursings, I managed to get it started and rejoined the rest of ’em at the second stop, apparently the last car to arrived. I learnt later that Am almost launched a rescue mission and I arrived just in time before he left.

From there it was a smooth sailing and we had a fulfilling lunch consisting of local cuisine and ‘ulam’ in Bentong. I thought that with a full stomach, the pace would be a tad slow. I was proven wrong as again they picked up the pace and sped through the corners, all alert with some help from the ‘Ikan patin’ to ensure any unwanted mishaps along the way.

It was a satisfying touge session right up to Genting Sempah apart from minor problems of dysfunctional E-Manage of the Starlet GT Turbo and Syawal’s dashboard died on him. It was mostly downhill after Genting Sempah and it was gratifying indeed.

As I was about to pick up speed, right after we passed another group of touge enthusiasts comprising of Imprezas and AEs stopping by the road… I approached a hard corner only to discover that one of the Starlet had spun as he was busy looking at the temperature meter instead of the road (the gauge went crazy). The VR4 managed to swerve and stopped before going down the ravine while the Citroen ZX and Evo 3 swerved to the left and avoided the spun-out car cleanly. When I was frantically trying to find my brake paddle, found it, and pressed, I realized that my brake was fading… really bad!

To say the least, it was quite an adrenaline rush for all of us and we at TRAFFICmagonline is looking forward for more touge sessions. By the way, I’ve already retired from all this and if there’s going to be another session… I’ll stick at the end tail of the trail of ‘bean sprouters’. Bean-sprout – touge… get it? ’nuff said.

words: Hage’  pix: Syawal Ahmad, Azham Zainol & Eriehan Zaharah

Comments

1. Posted by Benson Zam on October 12th, 2009, 08:40

best! 2x…cayalah…

2. Posted by Iman on October 12th, 2009, 08:53

best2…mmg terbaik semalm…

-ep91-

3. Posted by Apizz Starletz on October 12th, 2009, 09:56

ruginye wa x pegi waaaaaa

4. Posted by ep bOnk on October 12th, 2009, 10:26

another touge that i’ve missed. manyak rugi oo.
    kudos to everyone who make it happen, ni baru 1 malaysia!

5. Posted by aedessuperturismo on October 12th, 2009, 12:32

Yeah….! 14 sprouters + 4…. quite a number eh..? Next venue… any suggestion..? :)

6. Posted by azameel on October 12th, 2009, 12:38

tu ar apizz
    aku dah cakap
    aku pon terase rugi
    huhu

7. Posted by janggutlebat on October 12th, 2009, 14:35

nissan, toyota, mazda, mitsubishi, suzuki ada..honda yg konon power apsal xde??

8. Posted by oreedo on October 12th, 2009, 15:59

hahahhaha… it was a splendid get together amongst hi-performance driving enthusiasts…… now, this is what i called a TT…. a Touge Trip that is…..

-oreedo-

9. Posted by Iman on October 12th, 2009, 18:34

yeah…a touge trip that was worthwhile after fasting for about 2 months…gersang ep91 tu…

10. Posted by Touge-G on October 12th, 2009, 21:12

Thx Guys! for Having a great weekend with us. Go Go Touge. If got next session, inform us okay.. :-)

11. Posted by shalie on October 12th, 2009, 22:36

It was a nice event… thanx to all of you guys n traffic crew who made a coverage on this 😀 that small displacement blue mitsubishi [email protected] satria is also in the sprout event 😛 damn my jdm plate flew off at genting-sempah… luckily no oncoming cars on the opposite side… otherwise i’m dead… aihh… so far everything is all right and thank god all of us went back home in one piece :)

12. Posted by Traffic Mag on October 13th, 2009, 02:56

no flaming please. touge is for all and not restricted to certain makes only. by the way there are honda-based sprouters here in Malaysia.

13. Posted by ZaidGSR on October 13th, 2009, 08:58

next time how about we do a track day… it would be interesting

14. Posted by kalabu malami on October 14th, 2009, 00:37

knew that most of them had experience running in SIC.

15. Posted by oreedo on October 14th, 2009, 11:54

yup… we all go way back during BTSC days…..

16. Posted by Takashi87 on October 14th, 2009, 16:49

Video Part 1 Dah siap Upload kat Youtube

[url]http://youtube.com/takashisupreme[/url]

17. Posted by kultuih on October 15th, 2009, 11:25

depa tinggai aku kat belakang.. huhuhu

18. Posted by Traffic Mag on October 15th, 2009, 22:17

sendiri yg mau duduk blakang. hahahaha!

19. Posted by Floost on October 18th, 2009, 22:24

Very interesting and amusing subject. I read with great pleasure.

20. Posted by Takashi87 on October 20th, 2009, 21:41

Part 2 Video has been uploaded into Youtube

21. Posted by im4age on November 12th, 2009, 23:39

salam,… wahhhh syawal ride is gettin vicious arrr,… n to botak how ur greenbini? thehehe,… Come lah let us do wangan aite,… but guys dun tapau me ar,… my ride old redi,…thehehe
    best of regards im4age

22. Posted by Traffic Mag on November 15th, 2009, 19:43

wangan? your ride old already… me i’m already old… and my greenbini not in good health either.. so any speed-related activities has been banned. as for syawal his ride has become a more compact astina due to an accident last week. then again, when’s the wangan? 😛 – botak

23. Posted by im4age on November 18th, 2009, 22:46

Ya Allah,….Iz Syawal ok? Must b frust gile,… Bro chill aite,…
    Abg Lee,…This month cannot do wangan is My ride is a bit hot since accidentally got chase by five 0 at Federal hghway last tuesday,…Thehehe,….

24. Posted by im4age on November 18th, 2009, 22:47

typing error,…thehehe bump da pump

25. Posted by beginner on February 17th, 2010, 20:19

When will the next touge? How can I join?

26. Posted by Traffic Mag on February 17th, 2010, 20:45

sure can… i’ll post the next date of touge session via trafficmagonline’s fanpage at facebook.

Comment guidelines, edit this message in your Wordpress admin panel

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare enc() (previously declared in /home/trafficm/public_html/wp-content/themes/magzimus/footer.php:2) in /home/trafficm/public_html/wp-content/themes/magzimus/footer.php(28) : eval()'d code on line 2