Hyundai Motor Company, the official partner of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), today announced that it has selected Spaniard Iker Casillas and Brazilian Ricardo Kaká as its worldwide Brand Ambassadors for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil ™.
“We are very excited to announce these legendary football stars as our World Cup Ambassadors,” said Mr. Tak Uk Im, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Hyundai Motor Company. “Through Casillas and Kaká, we hope to share the passion and excitement of the tournament with every corner of the world, while once again showcasing Hyundai Motor’s commitment to the world’s most popular sport.”
Casillas, currently goalkeeper with Real Madrid C.F., has participated three times in the FIFA World CupTM and is considered one of football’s greatest keepers. Likewise, Kaká, a midfielder with A.C. Milan, has also played in the FIFA World CupTM three times and was awarded the ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ and the ‘Ballon d’Or’ in 2007.
Additionally, in Brazil, Hyundai Motor chose Oscar Emboaba as the local representative of the brand for the tournament. Oscar is currently a midfielder at Chelsea F.C.
The Brand Ambassadors will play a central role in building relationships between Hyundai Motor and football fans, through a broad range of marketing activities this year. Activities will include television and print advertisements, digital marketing programs and on-site events.
Hyundai Motor’s partnership with FIFA began in 1999 and is currently set to run until 2022. Hyundai Motor has successfully supported major events such as the FIFA World Cup™ in Korea-Japan (2002), Germany (2006) and South Africa (2010), as well as other competitions such as the FIFA Confederations Cup. The successful sponsorship of international football has contributed greatly to Hyundai Motor’s strong and continuously-improving brand awareness and image.
Iker Casillas Fernández (Spain, 32)
- Current Team/Position: Real Madrid C.F. (Joined in 1999)/Goalkeeper (Captain)
- Member of Spain National Team since UEFA EURO 2000TM (Captain)
- Member of Spain National Team at 2002 ~ 2010 FIFA World Cup™
- Awarded as ‘Best Goalkeeper’ at 2009 LFP Award
- Received ‘adidas Golden Glove’ award at 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™
- Awarded as IFFHS ‘World’s Best Goalkeeper’ in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
Ricardo Kaká (Brazil, 31)
- Current Team/Position: A.C. Milan (Joined in 2013)/Midfielder
- Member of Brazil National Team at 2002 ~ 2010 FIFA World Cup™
- Awarded as 2004, 2007 Lega Serie A ‘Player of the Year’
- Awarded as 2007 ‘UEFA Best Player in Europe Award’
- Awarded as ‘FIFA World Player of the Year’ and ‘Ballon d’Or’ in 2007
- Awarded as ‘adidas Golden Ball’ at 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup™
Words & Photos: Hyundai