Generous Honda donates an Accord for vocational training

Published on May 27th, 2010

The generous folks over at Honda Malaysia, in recognizing the importance of nurturing future talent in the local automotive industry, have donated a Honda Accord 2.0 VTi to the Advanced Technology Training Center (ADTEC Malacca) in Alor Gajah, Malacca, for training purposes.

“Automotive manufacturing is mainly an experiential engineering. One cannot make cars referring to only theory or what is written in the book. Technological innovation never stops evolving. It is our passion to help expand the spectrum of automotive education among younger generation with real-life technology. That is why we continuously work with institutes of higher automotive learning to better equip our younger generation with the necessary technical know-how,” said Azhar Abdul Wahab, Senior General Manager of Manufacturing, Honda Malaysia.

ADTEC Malacca is a technical training center that falls under the Department of Manpower, which in turn is governed by the Ministry of Human Resources. Focusing more towards hands-on training for field experience, ADTEC Malacca puts more emphasis on that with 70 per cent of its teachings towards that. The remaining 30 per cent is on theoretical education in the classroom.

front-rondo_03

The center is an avenue for SPM or SPMV students that aspire to join the skilled workforce in fields of advanced technology. Currently, ADTEC Malacca provides five technical courses, Diploma in Computer Technology (System), Diploma in Mechatronic Technology, Diploma in Production Technology, Diploma in Telecommunication Technology and Diploma in Automotive Technology.

Receiving the Accord on behalf of ADTEC Malacca was Mohd Zabidin Bin Abd Samad, Director of ADTEC. He went on to acknowledged the generosity shown by Honda Malaysia while remarking that the Accord would be a useful tool to help upgrade knowledge and skills of the students as well as lecturers in the institution.

This isn’t the first time Honda has expressed their generosity, having previously donated one unit of the first generation Civic Hybrid to The Otomotif College (TOC) in Petaling Jaya.

text & pix: Honda Malaysia

Comments

  1. Posted by forex robot on June 20th, 2010, 20:22

    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Reply

Comment guidelines, edit this message in your Wordpress admin panel


Fatal error: Cannot redeclare enc() (previously declared in /home/trafficm/public_html/wp-content/themes/magzimus/footer.php:2) in /home/trafficm/public_html/wp-content/themes/magzimus/footer.php(28) : eval()'d code on line 2