It is a double joy celebration for Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) as both Nissan Teana and Navara King Cab were named the “Executive Car of The Year” and “Pickup Truck of The Year” respectively at the New Straits Times/ Maybank Car of The Year 2011 Awards Night.
“It is indeed a remarkable moment for ETCM to have achieved such prominent awards and recognitions at this special occasion. It has always been our mission to introduce more new models with the greatest value. Both Nissan Teana and Navara King Cab have garnered numerous prestigious awards throughout the years and this is evidently shown by the overwhelming support from our loyal customers. ETCM will continue to deliver the best to the market.” Dato’ Dr Ang Bon Beng, Executive Director of ETCM said.
A panel of judges took into account criteria such as exterior and interior design, comfort and ergonomics, performance, safety, emotional appeal, and after sales service including the comprehensiveness of its warranty. Only the new and substantially face-lifted models introduced in the country since October 2010 are eligible for the nomination.
• Executive Car of the Year, New Straits Times/ Maybank COTY Awards 2011.
• Winner – Large Sedan Category Award, AUTOCAR Asean Car of the Year Awards 2011.
• Best Local Assembly Executive Sedan, Asian Auto / Auto Industry Awards 2011.
• Pickup Truck of the Year, New Straits Times/ Maybank COTY Awards 2011.
• Truck of the Year, Wheels Weekly / LIVE LIFE DRIVE Car of the Year 2011 & 2012 Award.
• Best Value for Money Pickup Truck, Asian Auto / VCA Auto Industry Awards 2009 & 2010.
• Winner – Pickup Category, AUTOCAR Asean Car of the Year Awards 2009.
• The Best Speed Bump Killer – NewMan RPM Awards 2009.